9 Pioneering Facts in Sustainable Shrimp Farming
- 20 day old baby shrimp join Berezan Shrimp Farm from a certified hatchery
- Each batch makes their way through vertically stacked tanks (more than 100 tanks make-up the shrimp farm)
- Each batch of shrimp takes approximately three to four months to mature under controlled conditions
- 25 kilograms of shrimp can be grown using just one cubic meter of water
- Shrimp are grown using recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS)
- Water exchange is limited and biofiltration is used to reduce ammonia toxicity, followed by degassing and oxygenation.
- RAS reduces the need for fresh, clean water through recycling and maintains a healthy growing environment for shrimp.
- Small pulses of feed particles are sent continuously to each tank through an automated system.
- Shrimp feed includes mostly vegetable-based ingredients with a very small percentage of fishmeal and oils
Don’t miss out on our latest news and information about sustainable seafood farming. Join our mailing list!SIGN UP